Tuesday 8 January 2013

Welcome


Welcome to my blog! I have been inspired by some incredible agvocates (people promoting our rural industries and farmers) over the past  18 months and really wanted to help get the message out there…..Australian farmers are simply awesome.

Hopefully through my sharing opinions (of which I have plenty), photos, stories and news I may also be able to increase someone’s understanding of what happens in our little patch of rural Australia.

A brief background………….

I have always been a bush girl. Born and raised from a long line of country folk. In fact I have discovered that it seems farming has always been in our family’s blood when I recently started tracing back our family tree. No one famous, but lots of farmers, even from various corners of the UK where my ancestors originated.

One of my heroes is my Grandmother. She will be 103 this year and she is simply incredible. Add to her longevity the fact that she ran a 10,000 acre beef cattle (400 head of cows) property for 25 years all by herself.  Then there is her daughter, my mother who can drive any machinery and outwork many a man. Remarkable ladies.

As for me I am at home on the farm with my three young boys at present. My husband and I have a small rural property on which we grow crops, some for hay and other for grain. In addition we also operate a beef cattle feedlot and have a few other sidelines to keep things ticking over. It makes for a busy life, and some days I can honestly say it is not enjoyable, while others you wouldn’t trade it for the world.

This is my blog and from where it goes from here I have no idea but hope you will join me for the ride.
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos and looking forward to reading more! Lots of love from Anita

    ReplyDelete