Thursday 26 February 2015

On winning this year’s RIRDC Rural Women’s Award for Queensland…..

On winning this year’s RIRDC Rural Women’s Award for Queensland…..

I have to admit I was completely caught by surprise when I was announced the winner of this year’s Queensland award.

I cannot describe how very honoured I am to have been selected as the 2015 Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation (RIRDC ) Rural Women’s Award, Queensland winner.

I would like to thank you all for your congratulatory messages. They are hugely appreciated.

I would also like to extend my best wishes and support to the three inspiring finalists Kylie Stretton, Emily Rigby and Elaine Bradley. I look forward to seeing great things from you all.

I would also like to thank the RIRDC judging panel of Agforce Qld State Vice President Georgie Somerset, Westpac  Regional General Manager Queensland Agribusiness Peta Ward, RIRDC Chair Professor Daniela Stehlik and 2014 National RIRDC Rural Women’s Award winner Lauren Hewitt for their confidence in my project.

I would also like to thank Karyn Manktelow, Senior Project Officer, Plant Industries and Food, Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry for the support she gave all the finalists.

Thank you also to the sponsors Westpac, ABC Radio, Fairfax Agricultural Media, RM Williams Outback and Agforce Qld.

Finally a huge thank you to RIRDC for not only helping to provide rural women with the networks, support and confidence to achieve their goals for agriculture and their rural communities via this award process, but also for all the work RIRDC is undertaking to help improve outcomes for our agricultural industries.

I am looking forward to my journey which involves exploring the single labelling of our environmentally responsible, welfare based, sustainable and safe Australian food. Single labelling will give recognition to our farmers for their existing high standards of food production. It will also give consumers an easily identifiable logo in which they can place their trust when buying food.


#singlelabelling #rirdc #rwa2015 #farmersfirst


With Minister for Communities, Women and Youth Monoster for Multicultural Affairs Shannon Fentiman


With Finalists Kylie Stretton, Emily Rigby and Elaine Bradley, RIRDC Chair Professor Daniela Stehlik, RIRDC Director Keith Steele and ABC Landline Presenter Pip Courtney


No comments:

Post a Comment